At Kitsunei we know that innovative, compelling and effective curriculum content is key to our continued success. We are looking for an extraordinary individual with curriculum development experience for the Australian (and Global) STEM/STEAM education audience.
The Curriculum Developer also will understand STEM/STEAM subject matter and can develop materials and lesson plans that are concise, accurate, fun and task-based – with an emphasis on storytelling. Desirably, you’ve spent time in the classroom as a teacher and have a passion for the powerful role of STEM to impact the lives of students.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility and a sense of humour are also highly valued here.
- Collaboratively work with colleagues to create unique STEM/STEAM curriculum content
- Design and develop curriculum content and lesson plans
- Develops plans, methods and processes for consistent curriculum content
- Create engaging and fun lesson plans content by adding creative, artistic elements and character
- Map curriculum to Australian (and Global) education standards
- Map and localize content to Australian states / STEM education partner programs
- Consults with SMEs to identify objectives and captures information used in the development of curriculum, using SME time efficiently
- Engage with team members across the organization, including product managers, software engineers and technical writers
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the curriculum materials meet the objectives
- Develops hands-on lesson plans and grading applications, and builds / maintains Kitsunei environments to deliver via the web
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development
- “Road-test” curriculum, working with teachers and students at varying levels
- Understanding of STEM/STEAM in the education environment – both classroom and out-of-
- Solid STEM/STEAM technical background; able to understand and explain technical subject matter
- Interest and curiosity for technology, innovation and STEM to impact our planet
- Exceptional problem solver, negotiator, diversity advocate, and relationship builder
- Passion for owning your work and driving your projects from low-to-high fidelity
- Fanatical attention to detail
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing curriculum/courseware and STEM/STEAM lab environments, including creative writing
- 2+ years of experience with developing multimedia curriculum content for delivery and consumption via web portal
- 3+ years of experience applying instructional design techniques and learning theory
- Strong analytical skills, ability to craft viable solutions, innovation, and ability to execute precisely
- Experience writing creatively for children and young adults (ages 7-18)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and communication skills embracing age and cultural diversity
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, desirably with Education, Computer Science, Robotics or Mechatronics
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Curriculum Development: 3 years (Required)
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours (Required)