Are you experienced and excited working with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Fusion 360 & 3D Printing ?
We are looking for a full stack developer and Node.js wizard to produce scalable software solutions relating to STEM in Education. You’ll be part of a small but expanding highly skilled cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing critical parts of CI/CD production environments.
As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
We are looking for a clear and confident communicator, with the ability to independently 'Get It Done' and manage your time.
You are passionate about what you do, have a thirst for knowledge, show technical leadership, and challenge yourself and others to improve, while demonstrating high quality standards.
If you’re also familiar with STEM fundamentals and Agile methodologies, this is an advantage.
- Work with development teams and product managers
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a responsive design
- Attend to support requests if needed
- Train and support new team members as needed
- Write technical documentation
Education, required skills and experience
You will be working with developers and other team members from diverse backgrounds. Some important personal characteristics are being inclusive and empathetic, friendly and helpful and excellent communication skills.
- Tertiary Education or degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar related field
- Proven experience as a full-stack developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Understanding of message bus design patterns
- Very familiar with source code management with git
- You must feel comfortable dealing with bits and bytes (literally) as you will be working closely with embedded systems and firmware engineers.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), PAAS such as Heroku and basic UI/UX design
- Familiar with AWS and Cloud based systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
The following experience will be seen as an advantage.
- Arduino/Raspberry Pi/BeagleBone
- Fusion 360
- 3D Printing
- software development: 5 years (Preferred)
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours (Required)